Saturday, 10 October 2015

Student Life: An Update



Hello!

I've been seriously slacking with keeping up with my blog posts recently. A lot of the posts you've seen here written weeks in advance, or they've been super short. I sort of knew this would happen, and I'm really sorry about it! The joys deadlines and never-ending reading...

So I thought I'd just update you all on how life has been going as a second year student!

I've just finished week 4 of my classes this semester for, and with that I have submitted my first piece of coursework, and have my next due this following week! From now on the deadlines don’t really ease up, so I’m trying my best to get ahead while I still can. 

In terms of the classes themselves, I’m really enjoying Ancient History and Classics this year. Classics is a completely new subject to me, but luckily the work we covered in Ancient last year complements the course for this semester well!

The biggest challenge so far has been adapting to all of my French classes being in French. Not gonna lie, it’s still a lil’ bit terrifying, but I’m getting! Hopefully by the end of the semester I’ll be feeling much more confident about my level of French. Hopefully.

Living in a house is a lovely adjustment after staying in halls last year. The independence is something that I really enjoy, and it’s so nice to see one of my flatmates in town and say “I’ll see you at home later!”. I don’t think I’ll tire of that.

That’s really all I wanted to say about student life so far. It’s been a fun first month, and here’s to many more that don’t make me want to curl into a ball and sleep for years at the thought of all the reading and work I still have to do…

Speak soon!


Chloe x