Wednesday, 7 October 2015

My Makeup Essentials



Hello!

As you can probably guess by my blog, I am not a beauty expert. I don't have the budget to be spending all of my money on the latest makeup, and even if I did, my skin is so sensitive that they'd probably just make it worse.

I'm a creature of habit, so I've been using the same few products for a while now, so here is what I use on a regular basis!

If I'm not going anywhere, I just won't bother with putting on makeup. I like to wear makeup for special occasions and to cover up blemishes and make myself look slightly more put-together, but otherwise it's just unnecessary effort that clogs my pores and increases my chance of breaking out.

I stopped wearing foundation a few years ago because I could never find a shade that matched my pale skin. Everything was far too orange! So instead I use the Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer. I apply this over spots, under my eyes and around my nose. This way I'm not unnecessarily concealing parts of my face where my skin is clear and even. I disagree with it being '16 hour' wear, however - it definitely slides off during the day so my spots can look quite angry by dinner time, but on the whole it does the job and you can always retouch throughout the day. (I also want to add that if they're going to call their concealer 'Lasting Perfection', then they should make the text on the bottle last too!)

I set everything with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in the shade 001 - Transparent. This just de-shines my face and keeps the concealer in place for a little while longer.

I have a real love/hate relationship with my eyebrows, but one product that works well with them is the Soap & Glory Archery 2-in-1 Brow Filling Pencil & Brush. I love the fine pencil, and I just brush that out with the spooly on the other end!

As for my eyes, I use a couple of different products. At the moment I've been liking using the Max Factor Colour Corrector for Under Eye Circles as a browbone highlight. It doesn't do much for me in terms of battling the purple under my eyes, but it does work nicely to highlight underneath my eyebrows! I'll then pop a taupey eyeshadow shade on my lids and a darker brown shade nearer to my lashes. If that doesn't cut it, I'll go in with the Soap & Glory Supercat Liquid Black Eyeliner Pen. This eyeliner stays so well, and the pen makes it really easy to apply. I then finish with a black (usually waterproof) mascara.

Occasionally I might put a bit of blusher on (or even a tinted Vaseline for a dewier look!), and a lipstick if I'm feeling fancy. But overall that's my normal look! I try to be quite low-maintenance (and low cost!) with my makeup, which is all I really can be when my skin has such a harsh reaction to new products haha!

What are your makeup essentials?

Speak soon!

Chloe x