Friday, 16 October 2015

La Haine | French Fridays #13



Bonjour à tous!

J'ai regardé La Haine à l'école. Je me souviens de la nature choquante de ce film. Il s'agit d'un groupe des copains qui ripostent contre la police après que leur copain est gravement blessé par un policier. It's an incredibly powerful film, dealing with serious themes of police brutality and discrimination against minorities.

Le réalisateur est Mathieu Kassovitz. I'd really recommend checking out some of his other films too, he's quite a serious guy in terms of the topics of his films, but they're so beautifully done!

This film also introduced me to French slang, known as 'verlain'. If I'm honest it's still not something that I quite have my head around - I didn't really have a clue what was going on when I first watched the film!

À bientôt!

Chloe x