Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Nachos | Tasty Tuesdays #8



Hello!

Moving out for another year of university means adjusting to cooking my own meals again (it's only been one night and I already miss my mum's homemade dishes!). Over the past year I've built up a very, very limited repertoire of meals that I can successfully make for myself, and I'm going to share one of them today.

To me, nachos are sort of the ultimate student dish, because they're just so straightforward to make and they rely heavily on improvisation - you can use so many different substitutes to what I suggest to customise your nachos to your own preferences.

I USE:

1 bag of tortilla chips
cheese (grated)
tomato pasta sauce [or bolognese sauce, salsa, BBQ sauce, hunters chicken sauce, etc.]
creme fraƮche [or greek yoghurt]
philadelphia cheese (optional)

Then all you need to do is line a baking tray with tin foil and spread all of your ingredients onto the tray, making sure that all the layers have an even distribution of sauce, yoghurt and cheese. Pop it under the grill until the cheese is all melted and serve!

It's so simple, it'll definitely be a staple dish in our house!

What's your favourite student dish?

Speak soon!

Chloe x