Friday, 25 September 2015

Les Chansons Françaises | French Fridays #10



Bonjour à tous!

This week I'm extending Music Mondays to Friday too, by providing you with 5 French songs that I've got stored away in my iTunes library.

Je pense que la musique est une façon merveilleuse de développer la vocabulaire, as the lyrics easily get stuck in your head. Donc, j'espère que ces chansons jouent dans votre tête sans arrêter sur le weekend... (je regrette rien!)

Thomas Dutronc - J'aime plus Paris: This song is one of my favourites (from the limited collection I've listened to!), particularly the 'je suis si bon dans mon lit' line, because that sums up my life rather nicely.

Claude Nougaro - Armstrong: My French teacher at school actually used this song as part of a lesson plan to help us distinguish verbs and nouns etc., and it got stuck in my head all day. La trompette est extraordinaire.

Les Cautionneurs - Briques: This is a bit of an odd choice, I'm aware. But I remember hearing this on an episode of How I Met Your Mother once and I had to find out what it was. Plus, French rap is pretty funny to listen to.

Indochine - J'ai demandé à la lune: I really like the chill vibe to this song, even though the lyrics themselves have a bit of a sad message to them.

Edith Piaf - La Vie en Rose: Je ne crois pas que cette playlist serait complète sans une chanson d'Edith Piaf. She's basically the epitome of French music, non?

Aimez-vous la musique française?

À bientôt!

Chloe x