Wednesday, 5 August 2015

The Family Reunion



Hello!

This week we were joined by my dad's American cousin and her husband for three nights. They tour Scotland every two years, so we host them for a few days during their stay. They're two of the loveliest people I've ever had the privilege to know, and we always have a great laugh together!

They arrived on Sunday, so we fed them up with a whole host of food. Seriously, my mum really puts on a spread, we were at that table for nearly four hours!


On Monday we took a lil roadtrip through some of the beautiful scenery in our corner of Scotland, stopping to see this lovely waterfall and have a little picnic!


In the evening we went out for a meal. I so wish I'd taken a picture of the banoffee pie I had for dessert, because I can't do it justice for how amazing it was. *insert heart eyes emoji*

Yesterday we visited a castle an old jail, as well as a house museum. The jail was particularly chilling, especially the 'condemned' cell for murderers about to be hanged. Cheery.



This building was way too pretty to be used as a prison!
Then we had a lovely little chill night at home with takeaway and a family girls vs. boys match of Trivial Pursuit. (spoiler: girls won, obviously!)

It was so lovely to see them again, and also explore the area of Scotland that I live in. Having family and friends come to stay is a great excuse to have day trips to country houses and see the beautiful scenery. It's something I'd like to do more of in general, without needing to wait for a family reunion.

How's your week been so far?

Speak soon!

Chloe x