Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Dairy-Free Chocolate Brookies | Tasty Tuesdays #4



Hello!

Today's Tasty Tuesday is very tasty indeed...

Last week my friends Cara and Laura came over and we decided to do a bit of baking! I absolutely love baking (mainly because I love all things sweet), but I rarely do it these days. One of the girls that I'm living with at uni this year bakes all the time though, so luckily I'm never going to be short of sweet treats!

Laura and Cara are both quite keen bakers, so we thought it would be a nice little day to spend working away in the kitchen. It's such a cheap activity to do, and I'm a firm believer that you don't need to spend excessive amounts of money to have fun, so this was the perfect afternoon for me!

We decided to try Jojo's Dairy-Free Chocolate Brookies, originally posted by Lily Pebbles. They're essentially circular brownies, but they also have the added crunch of a cookie on the outside. And they're heaven.

Not pictured: vegetable oil, icing sugar & salt





The only thing we changed about the recipe was that we let the mixture chill for 1 hour instead of 4 (ain't nobody got time to wait four hours when there's food to be had!) and they still worked out amazingly!

We weren't sure how many we'd be able to make, so we actually made two batches and ended up with over 90 brookies! They certainly didn't last very long... 

What's your favourite thing to bake?


Speak soon!

Chloe x

P.S. Cara recently started up her own blog, so it would be fab if you'd show her a bit of love! x