Tuesday, 25 August 2015

Birthday Food | Tasty Tuesdays #6


Hello!

Today I bring you some of the scrumptious food I devoured over my 19th birthday! Yum!

Last Tuesday I went to Edinburgh with my friends for a birthday day out (which you'll find out more about tomorrow!). We had a lil picnic lunch at my house before we left (it was too rainy to have a picnic in the gardens unfortunately!) and then went out to Zizzi for dinner. I had the Pollo Roquito pizza and it was soo good (albeit so spicy that my lips went numb and I thought I was having an allergic reaction, oops!). It was topped with chicken, roqutio chillies, asparagus, watercress and mozzarella. We all had pizza or pasta of some sort, and everyone's dish looked amazing. 


On my actual birthday I had a Chinese takeaway with my family, which was delicious as always. I fell into a bit of a food coma afterwards, but it was so worth it.

The real star of the show was my birthday cake. Every year my mum bakes a yummy cake and decorates it beautifully. Case in point:


And this year she certainly didn't disappoint.



SHE MADE A TARDIS. A TARDIS CAKE. WHAAAT.

I'm still not over the wonder of this cake, it looked spectacular and it tasted incredible too. What a talented lady my mother is!

I'm hungry just writing up this post so I'm going to leave it at that and see if I have any more goodies stashed away from last week's celebrations!

What's your favourite birthday food?

Speak soon!

Chloe x