Friday, 31 July 2015

Le Passé (The Past) | French Fridays #2


I've got another little Netflix find for you today: the French film, The Past.

Unfortunately it's another not-so-upbeat film. Sorry about that! Besides Amélie, I'm yet to find a light-hearted French film, so if you know of any please do let me know!

The plot can get a little complicated, so bear with me here!

The story follows Marie meeting her estranged husband after four years to finalise their divorce. In the period that Ahmad has been away, Marie has gotten together with Samir, a man with a young son and a wife in a vegetative comatose state after attempting suicide. When Ahmad comes to stay, he must reconcile the relationship between Marie and her teenage daughter Lucie, who disapproves of Marie and Samir's relationship.

That's a very brief summary of some of the key points to note. There's a lot of twists and turns and strong emotions, so if you want something easy going, this may not be the best film to watch!

That being said, it's still a great movie that had me crying at the end.

If you watch it, let me know what you think!

I'll leave you with another French phrase that I've recently discovered:

Tiens-moi au courant! - Keep me updated!

Speak soon!

Chloe x