Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Chicken Souvlaki | Tasty Tuesdays



Hello!

Today I bring you a wee meal I cooked for my family last week: chicken souvlaki!

I'm going to admit right now that I'm not the most experienced cook in the world, but moving out of halls and into a house with my uni friends for second year means that I need to up my culinary skills. Much love to my mum for letting me loose in her kitchen!

I decided to bring some Greek cuisine to our Scottish house (because Greek food > all other food). We marinated the chicken in herbs and olive oil, and I even made tzatziki! I assembled it all together with a bit of salad (unfortunately we didn't have any feta), rice, potatoes, and pitta bread. Maybe I'm biased but I think it turned out quite nicely!

It's a pretty easy dish to make, so I think it'll end up being a staple meal during term time this year!

Not quite the same as sitting in a cosy little Greek taverna, but you gotta make do with what you've got...

Μου λείπεις Ελλάδα!

Speak soon!

Chloe x